The senate is allowed to establish consultative committees in order to prepare its resolutions. According to §13, section 1, nos. 1 to 4, the member groups have to be reasonably represented.
The following central committees are required:
- Central Studies Committee (ZSA),
- Central Research and Knowledge Transfer Committee (ZAFW),
- Central Budget and Planning Committee (ZHP)
- Central Equal Opportunities Committee (ZGA)
- Conciliation and settlements committee
- Ethics committee.
The senate and its members decide on the establishment of further committees. The committee members are elected by the senate. University members who are not part of the senate may also be elected.