Degree: Bachelor of Science (B.A.)
Length of Study: 7 semesters
Enrolment: each summer and winter term (admission restrictions)
Application deadlines for all semesters of study: December until 15.01. of each year (summer term), May until 15.07. of each year (winter term)
- general higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or
- subject-related higher education entrance qualification or
- general or subject-specific technical college entrance qualification (consisting of a school- and a practical-based part) or
- successfully passed master craftsman’s examination or equivalent previous education (e.g. apprenticeship)
- all information about the university entrance qualification
Applications for the first semester of study:
- December until 15.01. of the following year (summer term)
- May until 15.07. of each year (winter term)
Applications for higher semester of study:
Admission is based on the capacities that become available. The admissions office can provide more information.
- December until 15.01. of each year (summer term)
- May until 15.07. of each year (winter term)
Information on application deadlines and procedures for applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification can be found at https://www.fh-kiel.de/en/degree-courses/information-for-prospective-students/international-applications
This is a statutory deadline. This means that applications for admission and application documents that are submitted to the Kiel University of Applied Sciences -Admissions Office (via Uni-Assist for applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification) after the above-mentioned deadlines will no longer be considered. If the end of an exclusion period falls on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, the period nevertheless ends at the end of the corresponding day and is not extended to the end of the next working day. (Article 23, Section 7 of the University Admission Ordinance –(HZVO). The date of receipt at the Kiel University of Applied Sciences is valid! Subsequent submissions beyond this deadline are also not possible. Incomplete documents or documents received late are excluded from the selection process. Applications received by fax or e-mail are invalid and also do not take part in the award procedure.
An application for the first semester can be done from the summer term of 2017 onwards via the dialogue-oriented hochschulstart.de of the Stiftung für Hochschulzulassung (Foundation for University Admissions).
Further information on the Stiftung can be found here.
Documents to be submitted (as upload):
- the university entrance qualification, with a leaving certificate also, if applicable, certification of the practical part by the school/institute – not required for completed professional training
Also, if applicable:
- certificate in the event of a name change (e.g. marriage certificate)
- evidence of previous study periods by means of study certificates and, if necessary, certificate of exmatriculation (de-registration) if you were enrolled at a different German higher education institute
- certificate of exmatriculation (de-registration) if you are studying/have studied the same course of study for which you are requesting admission to a first semester of study
- written justification for choosing the study subject in the case of a second degree programme, as well as certificates and study and exmatriculation certificate.
- if applicable, certification (copy) of civic/social service (armed forces, year of social and ecological work, EU voluntary work, charity work, development agencies, etc)
- evidence of completed professional training (exam certificate)
- evidence of previously completed courses (when applying for a higher semester)
- if applicable, proof of sufficient German language skills for applicants without a German university entrance qualification and without a German university degree (enrolment requirement in the case of admission!!!)
After deducting the so-called advance quotas (foreigner quota, hardship quota), 20% of the study places are allocated after a waiting period. The other 80% are distributed according to a university selection quota. This provides for an allocation based on the average grade of the university entrance qualification, which is an admission requirement in accordance with the examination regulations.
The waiting period counts from the time the university entrance qualification is attained.
Notification of admission for the main procedure is sent approx. 2-3 weeks after the application deadline. Then, rejections are handled. After a rejection you have the opportunity to participate in a possible lottery procedure. A lottery procedure takes place if there are still some remaining places for the course after the main selection procedure, the replacement procedure and enrolment.
You are informed of the enrolment deadline with the notification of admission. If enrolment is not made on time, the right to the study place expires irrevocably. You can find more information on enrolment here.
There is a compulsory fee charged each semester for the Student Services Authority, the student body and the semester travel ticket.
Also, there is an administration charge for enrolment. This charge is non-refundable.
Additional information on the above-mentioned fees and charges
You can find our current Opening Hours here.