Business Information Technology Online(Master’s)
Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
Length of Study: 4 semesters
Enrolment: each summer and winter term (no admission restrictions)
Application deadlines for all semesters of study: December until 25.02. of each year (summer term), May until 26.08. of each year (winter term)
Form of study: further education, chargeable
1st semester of study:
- Quantitative Decision Theory
- Business Process Management
- Business and IT Law
2nd semester of study
- Requirements Engineering
- IT Governance
- ERP and BI with SAP
- Management Ethics
3rd semester of study
- Business IT Research Project
- IT Security
- Social Media Management
4th semester of study
- Master’s Thesis (Seminar and Colloquium)
- a first professional degree in Business Information Technology
- a closely related study with at least 90 credit points in Business IT
- evidence of a different professional degree in connection with qualified skills in Business IT due to several years of relevant professional employment
If the previous course comprised less than 210, but at least 180 credit points, the missing skills must be subsequently proven. As a rule, a total of 300 credit points is to be attained.
- evidence of qualified professional experience, usually not less than one year
Please apply in good time so that you can start your studies smoothly!
Information about the date of the first term student welcome event, and thus the start of your studies, can be found here.
The processing time for your application can take up to 2 weeks and the last possible date for enrolment is 04.03.4 for the summer semester of 2022.
Applications for the first semester of study:
- December until 25.02. (summer term)
- May until 27.08.2021 (winter term)
Applications for a higher semester:
- December until 25.02. (summer term)
- May until 27.08. (winter term)
Information on application deadlines and procedures for applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification can be found at https://www.fh-kiel.de/en/degree-courses/information-for-prospective-students/international-applications
Documents to be submitted (as single copies):
- signed online application form to determine admission
- evidence of the previous study mentioned above (Bachelor's certificate, overview of course grades with proven bachelor-level grades, etc.) or if the first university degree has not yet been completed: proof that a maximum of 30 credit points of the credit points required for the bachelor's degree are still outstanding with a proven provisional average grade
- evidence of above-mentioned practical experience
- first university entrance qualification (Abitur, technical college leaving certificate)
- certificate in the event of a name change (e.g. marriage certificate)
- if applicable, proof of sufficient German language skills for applicants without a German university entrance qualification and without a German university degree (enrolment requirement in the case of admission!!!)
Once your application documents are received by the Kiel University of Applied Sciences, they are checked for form and content by the Student Secretariat and the Examinations Office or the Examination Board of the degree program.
When your documents have been positively checked, you receive an invitation to enrol.
You are informed of the enrolment deadline with the notification of admission. If enrolment is not made on time, the right to the study place expires irrevocably. You can find more information on enrolment here.
If the examination of your documents reveals that the admission requirements have not been met, you receive a rejection notice with a corresponding justification.
There is a compulsory fee charged each semester for the Student Services Authority, the student body and the semester travel ticket.
Also, there is an administration charge for enrolment. This charge is non-refundable.
Additional study courses are subject to a fee
The fees for this course are 1,920 euros per semester for the first to fourth semester, i.e. a total of 7,680 euros.
If you study for more than eight semesters, additional fees are payable.
The detailed fees are regulated by the statute (in German)
For further course-related information, please contact the Faculty of Economics directly
For information on your application or enrolment, please contact:
Tel.: 0431 210 1339
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 09:30-12:00 hrs and
Monday, Thursday 14:00-16;00 hrs and
Tuesday 14:00-16:30 hrs
or by appointment