Degree: Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
Length of Study: 7 semesters
Enrolment: each summer and winter term (admission restrictions)
Application deadlines for first semester of study: May until 15.09. of each year (winter term)
Application deadlines for second to fourth semester of study: December until 15.03. of each year (summer term), May until 15.09. of each year (winter term)
Application deadlines from fifth semester of study onwards: December until 15.01. of each year (summer term), May until 31.07. of each year (winter term)
1st semester of study:
- Electrical Engineering I
- Mathematics I
- Physics I
- Materials, Components, Semiconductors I, Programming
2nd semester of study
- Electrical Engineering II
- Mathematics II
- Physics II
- Materials, Components, Semiconductors II
- Algorithms and Data Structures
3rd semester of study
- Digital Technology
- Compulsory elective module in Energy Technology *, e.g. Basics of Energy Technology
- Compulsory elective modules in IT**, e.g. B. Operating Systems
- Compulsory elective modules in Communication Technology ***, e.g. Basics of Communications Technology
4th semester of study
- Basics of Project Management
- Control Engineering
- Compulsory elective module in Energy Technology *, e.g. High-Voltage Engineering
- Compulsory elective modules in IT**, e.g. B. Software Engineering
- Compulsory elective modules in Communication Technology ***, e.g. Introduction to Digital Signal Processing
5th semester of study
- Project E.
- Compulsory elective modules in Energy Technology *, e.g. Power Electronics, elective module
- Compulsory elective modules in IT **, e.g. Automation Technology, elective module
- Compulsory elective modules in Communication Technology ***, Basics of High-Frequency Technology + 2 elective modules
6th semester of study
- Energy Technology *, 6 elective modules, including 1 interdisciplinary course
- Technical IT **, 6 elective modules, 3 of which are interdisciplinary courses
- Communication Technology ***, 6 elective modules, 3 of which are interdisciplinary courses
6th semester: the possibility to go abroad!
7th semester of study
- Practical Training/Internship for 10 weeks
Specialisation after 3rd semester:
* Energy Technology
** Technical IT
*** Communication Technology
- general higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or
- subject-related higher/technical education entrance qualification or
- general or subject-specific technical college entrance qualification (consisting of a school- and a practical-based part) or
- successfully passed master craftsman’s examination or equivalent previous education (e.g. apprenticeship)
- all information about the university entrance qualification
Please apply in good time so that you can start your studies smoothly!
Information about the date of the first term student welcome event, and thus the start of your studies, can be found here. The processing time for your application can take up to 2 weeks and the last possible date for enrolment is 31.03. for the summer semester and 30.09. for the winter semester.
Applications for the first semester of study:
- May until 15.09. of each year (winter term)
Applications for a higher semester (2nd to 4th semester):
- December until 15.03. of each year (summer term)
- May until 15.09. of each year (winter term)
Applications for a higher semester (5th to 6th semester):
- December until 15.01. of each year (summer term)
- May until 31.07. of each year (winter term)
Information on application deadlines and procedures for applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification can be found at https://www.fh-kiel.de/en/degree-courses/information-for-prospective-students/international-applications
This is a statutory deadline. This means that applications for admission and application documents that are submitted to the Kiel University of Applied Sciences -Admissions Office (via Uni-Assist for applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification) after the above-mentioned deadlines will no longer be considered. If the end of an exclusion period falls on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, the period nevertheless ends at the end of the corresponding day and is not extended to the end of the next working day. (Article 23, Section 7 of the University Admission Ordinance –(HZVO). The date of receipt at the Kiel University of Applied Sciences is valid! Subsequent submissions beyond this deadline are also not possible. Incomplete documents or documents received late are excluded from the selection process. Applications received by fax or e-mail are invalid and also do not take part in the award procedure.
Documents to be submitted (as single copies):
- the signed application form to determine admission
- the university entrance qualification
- certificate in the event of a name change (e.g. marriage certificate)
- certificate of exmatriculation (de-registration) if you are studying/have studied the same course of study for which you are requesting admission to a first semester of study
- if applicable, certification (copy) of civic/social service (armed forces, year of social and ecological work, EU voluntary work, charity work, development agencies, service record, etc)
- if applicable, evidence of completed professional training (exam certificate)
- complete evidence of previous study periods by means of study certificates
- evidence of previously completed courses (when applying for a higher semester)
- if applicable, proof of sufficient German language skills for applicants without a German university entrance qualification and without a German university degree (enrolment requirement in the case of admission!!!)
- second degree: certificate of the first professional degree, study certificates, certificate of exmatriculation (de-registration) and a detailed written justification. Applicants are only allowed to name one degree programme. You can find more information here.
When your documents have been checked positively, you receive an invitation to enrol.
You are informed of the enrolment deadline with the notification of admission. If enrolment is not made on time, the right to the study place expires irrevocably. You can find more information on enrolment here.
There is a compulsory fee charged each semester for the Student Services Authority, the student body and the semester travel ticket.
Also, there is an administration charge for enrolment. This charge is non-refundable.
Tel.: 0431 210 1339
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 09:30-12:00 hrs and
Monday, Thursday 14:00-16;00 hrs and
Tuesday 14:00-16:30 hrs
or by appointment