- Where can i change my address?
- How can I re-register for the next semester?
- How can I apply for guest studies?
- How can I apply for a second degree?
- How can I apply for a semester on leave?
- When will I get the study certificates?
- How can I print the enrolment certificates?
- I want to leave the university and exmatriculate myself. What do I need to consider?
- I completed all examinations of my study degree successfully and now want to exmatriculate myself.
- I need proof of my study periods for the pension insurance. How can I get that?
1. Where can I change my address?
You can change your address yourself in the internet, send an email to studierendensekretariat(at)fh-kiel.de or leave us a notification of change with your new and your old addresess on site (please always add your matriculation number).
2. How can I re-register for the next semester?
If you want to continue your studies, you need to re-register in time. Re-registration occurs via the payment (bank transfer) of the semester fee. Re-registration for the winter semester is due by 30th JUNE and for the summer semester by 31st DECEMBER.
Please always use your matriculation number as the intended purpose. Those who do not re-register in time (semester fee bank transfer) or forget to do so may be exmatriculated. You can check whether you have properly re-registered by extending your student ID (chipcard) at the terminal. You can obtain further information here.
3. How can I apply for guest study status (guest student)?
Guest students are not members of the university. The application for guest studies needs to be submitted in written form at the Student Secretariat by 15th January for the summer semester and by 15th July for the winter semester. It is only valid for one semester. The university decides on the acceptance of guest students. The university requires an administrative fee of 10 euros for the issuance of the guest student certificate. You can obtain more information here.
4. How can I apply for a second (supplementary) degree?
The application needs to be submitted in written form at the Student Secretariat by the 15th January for the summer semester and by 15th July for the winter semester. You can download the application form here. You can obtain further information here. The university requires an administrative fee of 10 euros for the issuance of the second-degree study registration certificate.
5. How can I apply for a semester on leave?
A semester on leave can only be permitted after completing at least the first semester and is only possible for important reasons. The semester on leave can be permitted for a length up to two semesters. The application for a semester on leave can only be submitted in the month of re-registration. You can find the form and an information leaflet here.
6. When do I receive my student (enrolment) certificates?
Beginning with the winter semester of 2011/ 12, enrolment certificates and transfer forms for the re-registration will no longer be sent by post. Since 1st July 2011, you can easily print your certificates at home. This allows you to print the certificates no matter when or how often you need them.
7. How can I print my enrolment certificates?
Please visit the webpage www.fh-kiel.de/Studienbescheinigungen and follow the instructions.
8. I want to leave the university and exmatriculate myself. What do I need to consider?
You can exmatriculate yourself at any time. You can find the application form here. Together with the letter of discharge (which you can obtain from the Examinations Office of your faculty) and your chipcard, you hand in the exmatriculation form at the Student Secretariat. All study registration certificates already printed must be destroyed and all places where you have handed in the registration certificates must be informed about your exmatriculation.
In return, you receive the exmatriculation confirmation and the pension certificate. The earliest date of exmatriculation can be at the earliest the one date on which all the above-mentioned documents have been handed in completely.
9. I have completed all the examinations of my study degree successfully and now want to exmatriculate myself.
After picking up your degree certificates at the Examinations Office, you need to hand in your chipcard at the Student Secretariat. All study registration certificates already printed must be destroyed and all places where you handed in the registration certificates must be informed about your exmatriculation.
In return, you receive the exmatriculation confirmation and the pension insurance certificate. The date of exmatriculation is determined by the examination office. In general, it is the last day of the month in which the certificates were issued.
10. I need proof of my study periods for the pension authority. How can I get that?
After completing your studies and exmatriculating correctly, you receive your exmatriculation confirmation and the pension certificate with your individual study dates from the Student Secretariat. If you need these certificates to be issued again during your life, you need to submit a written application to the Student Secretariat. For this, there is an administrative fee of 15 euros.