Data Science is more than artificial intelligence: students of the interdisciplinary Master's Program Data Science not only learn creating predictive models using machine learning and artificial neural networks. They also develop a broader understanding of how topics such as data management, processing, analysis and visualization can be profitably used in data science projects. Data protection and security are also important subjects of the studies program. Course contents are taught using real-world use cases and state-of-the-art technologies and programming languages. Data Science graduates are perfectly prepared to create data-driven innovations in a wide variety of industries.
- Degree: Master of Science
- Duration: 3 semesters
- Course language: english
- Enrollment: summer and winter semester
- Practical relevance: Students not only learn the theory, they also apply data science themselves. In their application projects and master theses students solve real problems, in collaboration with companies across all sectors in northern Germany.
- Contextual knowledge: Data science is more that artificial intelligence. In the program, students gain an overall understanding of how data management, preparation, visualization, security, and predictive models can be used to create modern data products.
- Interdisciplinarity: The study program has been created jointly by all departments of Kiel University of Applied Sciences. A diverse student body (including computer scientists, engineers, natural scientists, psychologists, economists, and more) and cooperations with companies from different industries (including energy, medicine, public administration, radio, telecommunications) contribute to an inspiring learning environment.
- Bachelor graduates of all subjects: The program is deliberately aimed at graduates from a wide range of bachelor's degree programs, because data science skills are highly relevant to a many industries. Some essential knowledge in mathematics/statistics and computer science is required. vorausgesetzt.
Professionals: No matter how small or large your professional experience, the Data Science program offers you the opportunity to complement your domain knowledge with data analytics and artificial intelligence skills. Relevant professional experiences can be factored in to the admission requirements. Please contact the head of the study program for questions on admission requirements.