Prof. Dr. Christian Möller
Lecturer for special tasks
at the Faculty of Media and
Professor for Corporate Communications
at the University of Applied Sciences HMKW in Berlin
Prof. Dr. phil. Christian Möller has a doctorate in media sciences and teaches the study courses Journalism and Media Economics (JMW), Public Relations (PR), Applied Communication (AK), Media Conception (MK), Multimedia Production (MMP) and Public Relations and Corporate Communications (ÖuU). He is manager of the Institute for Applied Journalism (ifap) and co-founder of the kultursphäre.sh.
- Social Media
- Public Relations and Corporate Communications
- Corporate Communications
- PR- and Communication Management
- Journalism and Media Industry
- Marketing and Brand Management
- Media regulation and Youth Media Protection
- Internet Governance and Freedom of Communication
- Economy and Media Ethics
- Mobile Journalism, Multi-Platform journalism, Mobile Video
- Cultural Marketing
Contact and Twitter: @infscoblog
Due to the pandemic situation, the thesis seminars/speaking hours will take place via Skype (username: christian_theinformationsociety) until further notice. Registration is not necessary. If I am on the call, I will call back in the order of incoming calls.
Office hours (project and thesis seminar) during the lecture period in SoSe 2022 are from 12:30-14:00 on the following dates:
Subject to change, please check this page in advance.
In the examination period, IDW and lecture-free periods only after announcement (see above) or agreement.
You can always find the current office hours here or at www.bit.ly/sprechzeiten..
The supervision of new projects and theses is possible in the summer semester of 2023 at the earliest.
Prof. Dr. phil. Christian Möller holds a doctorate in media studies. He studied media sciences, modern German literature, German philology and public law at the Kiel University (Christian-Albrechts-Universität zu Kiel) and afterwards worked in various positions for media regulatory authorities, international organisations and diplomatic missions in Germany and abroad. He is a speaker at numerous international conferences, Summer Schools and guest lecturer at various universities and publishes on the topics of media regulation and media freedom in Europe, social media, journalism in the digital world and internet governance. Since 2010, he has been a lecturer at the UAS Kiel. He is auditor of the FSF (self-regulation body television) and since 2018 member of the KEF (commission to determine financial needs of public service broadcasters). Since 2019, he has held a professorship for corporate communications at the University of Applied Sciences HMKW in Berlin.
Other stations (selection):
- since 2010 freelance media scientist (theinformationsociety.org)
- 2010-2015 Programme manager at the Hamburger Stiftung für Wirtschaftsethik (foundation for business ethics)
- 2008-2010 Press spokesman of the US consulate general, Hamburg
- 2002-2008 Office of the Representative for Freedom of Media at the Organisation for security and co-operation in Europe (OSZE), Vienna
- 1998-2000 Independent state board for broadcasting (ULR), Kiel
- 1997-1998 Nordostseeradio NORA, Kiel (radio station)
- since 2018 member of the KEF (commission to determine financial needs of public service broadcasters)
- since 2014 Affiliate of the Internet Policy Observatory (IPO) at the Center for Global Communication Studies (CGCS) of the Annenberg School of Communication at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia/USA
- Fall 2014 Visiting Fellow at the Center for Global Communication Studies (CGCS) at the Annenberg School of Communication of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia/USA
- 2012 Academic Fellow of the Dart Center for Journalism and Trauma at the Graduate School of Journalism of Columbia University (New York)
- 2012-2013 InterReg Project "Deutsch-Dänische Sommerakademie" (German-Danish summer academy) in cooperation with the Syddansk Universitet Odense (SDU)
You can see a list of publications here.