Many applicants probably had the same questions you have.
For your additional support, please check our list of FAQs and their answers.
Link to the FAQs.
Summer Semester (March) intake: November 1 (previous year) to March 9
Winter semester (September) intake: May1 to September 9
Winter Semester Enrollment: September 9
Summer Semester Enrollment: March 9
These are deadlines for the enrollment.
You have to start the application process early enough to receive your letter of admission (placement) and (if applicable) your visa before the deadline.
- A relevant three or four year degree from a recognised University (e.g. Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, business informatics, or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject) with a minimum grade of 2.50 (in the German grading system, strictly applied, exceptions are not possible).
- Only for applicants with a degree from a University outside the European Higher Education Area: GRE Certificate with minimum 64% percentile in quantitative reasoning test, DI Code 2269 (FH-Kiel institution code), must be forwarded directly to UNI-Assist!
- Students From China:
Students from the P.R. of China have to provide a certificate from the APS in Beijing.
Language of Instruction
Required Language Proficiency
Students have to be proficient in English.
Minimum level required: B2 (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages - CEFR).
The following certificates are additionally accepted to proof language skills (minimum scores):
- TOEFL (Internet-based): 70
- TOEFL (Computer-based): 185
- TOEFL (Paper-based): 515
- IELTS: 5.5
- BULATS: 60
- equivalent Cambridge-ESOL Qualification
Official details on the admission requirements can be found in the examination regulations of the program.
The GRE test certificate and the language certificates have to be forwarded directly to UNI-Assist (see address below).
In case of IELTS, UNI-Assist can verify the test results direclty (online); for this purpose the TRF (Test Report Form) number should be noted on the application form.
Applications (with complete documentation including all transscripts and certificates) have to be submitted to UNI-Assist(Application Service for International Students) where formal checking of applications will be done.
Please, use the following address for applications directly to UNI-Assist:
c/o Uni-assist e.V.
Please check the UNI-Assist website for further details at:
UNI-Assist will charge an application fee, see:
Please open the following website at UNI-Assist to start the application for the
Master of Science in Information Engineering.
In case that you are not registered yet you may have to create a new account.
The institutional application forms are available directly at UNI-Assist. They can be accessed during the normal online application process.
where to find the application forms.
Prof. Dr. Steffen Prochnow
Programme Manager Master Information Engineering