You are always welcome to ask for Bachelor-/Master-Thesis-Topics and/or Bachelor- or Master Student Project Topics. A first selection of currently available topics is provided below.
In case you need support to get in contact with companies in the Kiel area for thesis or student projects I will assist you as far as possible. Due to the fact I regularly have thesis and/or student projects running in companies I have got several company contacts.
Possible Areas for Bachelor- and Master-Thesis Topics and/or Student Projects are:
- High Speed DNA-Sequence analysis on FPGA-Platforms.
This topic is addressing problems in one of the most recent research areas, i.e. to perform DNA-sequence with a parallel computing hardware architecture. A first bachelor thesis within this area is the one of Thorben Moritz Wetzel.
- 3-dimensional Ultrasound-based positioning system.
This is a continuation of a Master Thesis that has recently been performed under my supervision. Goal is to set up a lab experiment, which allows to calculate the position within a room (the lab) in three dimensions. This lab experiment shall be used to demonstrate the principle of GPS-navigation systems.
- Filtering of Audio- or Video-data using the Pico-Blaze/Micro-Plaze Mikroprozessor Cores on the Spartan 3e-Starter Kit (or some other FPGA-Development Board).
Reference: Chapters 14 – 17 in „FPGA Prototyping by VHDL Examples“ by Pong P. Chu
- High rate data transmission via the Ethernet Interface of the Spartan 3e-Starter Kit using VHDL.
Reference: Spartan 3e-Starter Kit User Guide
- VHDL-Design to visualize zykloidic curves on a VGA-Monitor.
Zykloidic curves are often named "rolling curves". It is an interesting student project to design a configurable entity, that computes the pixels of a specific zykloidic curves and displays this curve on a monitor.