BPS in Summer Term 2020 runs from March 2nd to June 27th
Kiel University of Applied Sciences plays an important role both in the city and within the region. It attracts and supports incoming and outgoing specialist expertise in a wide range of industries. The Faculty of Business Management with over 1600 undergraduate and approximately 400 postgraduate students is the largest faculty of business administration in Schleswig-Holstein with small classes with highly experientially and academically qualified professors.
What is BPS and how is it organized?
- Teams of international students work on a real-time project in a local company supervised by a professor of the Faculty of Business Management.
- The initial part of the BPS is four weeks of classroom-based (short) courses (in English or German) covering hard and soft skills, including project management, process management, supply chain management, market research, teambuilding, conflict management and business behaviour.
- Lessons are a mixture of classic, interactive-discussive as well as in workshops. Supervisory tutorials and courses will also take place during the project part of the program.
- The number of participants is limited.
- Successful completion of BPS will achieve 30 ECTS points, of which 20 are for the project, 5 for the introductory courses and 5 for an course of your choice.
- Participation is open to undergraduate students of Business Administration, Industrial Engineering and IT-Business.
Past Project Examples:
- Developing an Internationalisation Strategy for a provider of engineering services. Specifically, students analysed the market environment in Denmark, its suitability for an expansion and possible internationalisation paths.
- Developing a Marketing Strategy for the organisers of an Open Air Festival with 80,000 visitors. The project included a survey of current visitors, an analysis of social media activities and a customer profiling analysis.
- For a manufacturer of medical technologies, market research was conducted on different radio technologies. Research included an investigation into the application of these technologies by competitors and the identification of potential suppliers.
Why choose the BPS program in Kiel?
- Recognized in Europe and abroad as a significant academic and experiential benefit to your CV.
- A life changing experience that will change and develop your outlook in Life, career and personal skills.
- Going abroad is a great experience: develop cultural skills and awareness, make (international) friends and future contacts, learn a new language and more.
- Possibility to be accepted for a Bachelor’s thesis (on agreement with home university).
Interested? Apply now for an unforgettable experience and send us your application documents following the guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding the Business Project Semester (BPS) in the Faculty of Business Management at the Kiel University of Applied Sciences, please contact us at:
Faculty of Business Management
Fachhochschule Kiel - University of Applied Sciences