Currently at the IMST 3 doctoral theses in the field of composites and interfaces are supervised.
The IMST is partner in the network Exoprothesennet.SH, that aims at the optimized support ( close to their home) of people with amputations - with systematic innovations of technical solutios in the orthopedic field.
The Exoprothesennet.SH is sponsored by the ZIM-Program of the Federal Ministery of Economy and Energy.
Development of orthodontic arches and devices on the basis of nickel-titanium shape memory alloys.
For the characterization and qualification of orthodontic materials so far 6 doctoral theses have been supervised in our laboratory (3 of which are already successfully completed with a doctoral degree).
Development, coating and functionalizing of carotid stents.
- HDW Kiel
- Panasonic Germany
- BC-Components Beyschlag GmbH, Heide
- Valdemar-Link, Hamburg
- OPtiMed, Ettlingen
- Dräger, Lübeck
- Walterwerke Kiel
- ELAC L3, Kiel
- Lohmann Chemiefabrik, Emmerthal
- EGE Electronik, Gettorf
All projects listed above are compiled in close cooperation with industrial partners (see project list). Within these projects Know-How on matters of material development and material qualification is transferred.
- University of Southern Denmark Odense, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (Prof. Eivind Skou): corporate INTERREG-Projects
- School of Materials Engineering, Nanyang Technical University, Singapur: Prof. Dr. Thirumany Sritharan, Prof. Dr. Ma Jan
- State Key Lab for High Performance Ceramics and Superfine Microstructures, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Jianding, Shanghai (Prof. Hao-Su Luo,Prof. Ai-Li-Ding) (Kooperationsvertrag)
- Tsinghua Technical University, DPT of Materials Sciences (Prof. Cewen Nan)
- Rutgers University, Chair of Ceramics (Prof. Ahmad Safari)
- TU Kaunas (Litauen), Center for Microsystems and Nanotechnology (Prof. Valentinas Snitka)
- TU Tallinn (Estland), Center for Materials Technology, Photonic Materials (Prof. Enn Mellikov, Prof. Dr. Malle Krunks)
- University of Aveiro (Portugal) , DPT of Ceramics and Glass Engineering (Prof. George Frade)
- Université de Bretagne Sud (F), Centre de Materiaux, Lorient (Prof. Gerard Rio)
- TU Gliwice (PL), Materials Engineering (Prof. Leszek Dobrzanski)