Prof. Dr. Patrick Rupert-Kruse
Media Theory and Immersion Science
Teaching and research areas:
- Theory and conception of immersive media and synthetic realities
- Media development, convergence and innovation
- Media reception studies (Virtual Embodiment, Empathy, Identification)
- Transmedia storytelling
- Innovative formats for cultural mediation (X10DR)
Recent tenders (Projects / Theses):
A list of all current project and thesis tenders is available [here].
- Commissioner for studies, teaching and examinations
- Study course manager for the master’s degree "Media Conception"
- Head of the Institute for Immersive Media (ifim)
Project and thesis consultation (registrations appreciated)
Thursdays 10.00 – 11.30 hrs.
General consultation (registrations appreciated)
Thursdays 11.30 – 12.30 hrs.
Meeting-ID: 632 3988 7641
Notes on supervision of scientific works:
Students who wish to write a thesis under my supervision should ideally contact me two months in advance of the registration in the examinations office. We need to discuss a project outline in form of an introduction or exposé in advance of your registration (this includes the research question, a contextual classification and restriction of the topic, the methodical approach and a statement about the structure of your work).