Organisation and Cooperation
Internationalisation is an important cross-sectional task which is supported and implemented by the university as well as by a wide range of initiatives. The Executive Board, the faculties and central institutions of Kiel UAS are therefore working together on the design, implementation and evaluation of individual steps. Coordination takes place in a counter flow “top-down and bottom-up" process. Measures are reviewed in a continuous improvement process and adjusted if necessary. The VPA is responsible for this. He/she is assisted by the Advisory Council for International Affairs. The Council defines concrete goals and makes suggestions for their implementation. Its members include the International Affairs Officers of the faculties as well as members of the central institutions (IO, ZSIK, StK), a representative of the students’ union AStA and the Diversity Officer (statutes). Each department has an International Affairs Officer (for his/her tasks, see here).
Each faculty has one International Affairs Officer. Faculties shall provide adequate relief from classroom teaching for the numerous tasks and activities taken on by the respective International Affairs Officer.
The International Affairs Officer
is the contact for all matters of internationality at the faculty, who
- advises the Dean's Office on how to ensure the minimum of 30 credit points in English-language teaching,
- formulates the goals for faculty-specific partnerships abroad,
- evaluates ongoing and initiates new partnerships in consultation with the respective dean's office, convention and the IO,
- represents the department abroad and during visits by foreign guest lecturers and visitors, and maintains partnerships,
- represents the faculty on the Advisory Council for International Affairs and at the ZSIK and reports on activities abroad,
- advises students on academic matters relating to study abroad (outgoing) and at Kiel UAS (incoming),
- reviews and approves applications from exchange students on the basis of previous academic achievements and requirements in consultation with the IO,
- checks and signs learning agreements for incoming and outgoing students,
- checks the recognition of work done abroad in consultation with the respective examination board, and
- offers an information event on studying abroad every semester.