Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B. A.)
Length of Study: 8 semesters
Course content: German
Enrolment: any winter semester (limited places)
Application deadline for the first semester: May to 15th July each year (winter semester)
Pre-Internship: evidence of 12-week pre-training/-internship for admission to practical semester
Application for the first semester of study
- May until 15th July of each year (winter semester)
Information on application deadlines and procedures for applicants with a foreign higher education entrance qualification can be found at www.fh-kiel.de/studium/studieninteressierte/internationale-bewerbungen/
This is a legal exclusion period. This means that applications for admission and application documents that arrive after the above-mentioned deadlines at the Kiel University of Applied Sciences - Admissions Office - (at Uni-Assist for applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification) will no longer be considered. If the end of an exclusion period falls on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, the period ends with the end of the corresponding day and is not extended until the end of the next working day in accordance with § 43 paragraph 7 of the University Admissions Regulations - HZVO. The date of receipt at Kiel University of Applied Sciences applies!!! Late submissions beyond this date are also not possible. Incomplete documents or documents received late will be excluded from the selection process. Student applications received by fax or e-mail are invalid and are also excluded from the allocation process.
Documents to be submitted (as an upload in the online application):
- certificate of university entrance qualification
- certificate of change of name (e.g. marriage certificate)
- certificate of exmatriculation if the same degree program is/was previously being taken in which admission for a first semester is sought
- If applicable, certificate of services performed (military or community service, FSJ, FÖJ or service in the sense of the Development Aid Act - certificate of service)
- if applicable, proof of completed vocational training (examination certificate)
- complete proof of previous periods of study via study certificates
- proof of previous achievements (when applying for a higher semester)
- if already available, proof of sufficient German language skills for applicants without a German university entrance qualification (enrolment requirement in the event of admission)
- second degree additionally: certificate of the completed professional first degree, certificate of study, certificate of exmatriculation and a detailed written justification. Applicants may only name one course. More information can be found here.
After deduction of the so-called preliminary quotas (e.g., quota for foreigners, hardship cases, second degree), 20% of the study places are allocated according to the grade point average of the university entrance qualification and 20% of the study places according to the waiting time. The other 60% are distributed according to university selection quota. This also provides for a grade point average of the university entrance qualification.
The waiting time counts from the point at which the university entrance qualification is obtained. Periods of study at a German university are deducted from the waiting time.
If a decision has to be made for applicants with the same grade point average for the university entrance qualification, the waiting time is used as a second selection criterion. The same applies to the selection based on the waiting time. If a decision has to be made for applicants with the same number of waiting semesters, the average grade of the university entrance qualification is used as a second selection criterion.
The notifications of admission and the rejection notifications of the main procedure are issued approx. 2-3 weeks after the application deadline. If an application is rejected, the candidate has the opportunity to participate in a lottery. A lottery procedure takes place if there are still individual places left for the degree programme after the main procedure, the succession procedure and enrolment.
You will be informed of the enrolment deadline with the notification of admission. If you do not enrol in time, your entitlement to a place on the course becomes irrevocable. More information about enrolment can be found here.
You are informed of the enrolment deadline with the notification of admission. If enrolment is not made on time, the right to the study place expires irrevocably. You can find more information on enrolment here.
There is a compulsory fee charged each semester for the Student Services Authority, the student body and the semester travel ticket.
Also, there is an administration charge for enrolment. This charge is non-refundable.
Additional information on the above-mentioned fees and charges
You can find our current Opening Hours here.