Centre for Culture and Science Communication
The Centre for Culture and Science Communication (ZKW) develops formats of culture and science communication, especially in the field of new media. It works interdisciplinarily.
- It supports teaching and research and assists all institutions of the university with questions regarding the conception and development, and the media implementation of knowledge transfer.
- It supports the event culture of the university and runs the Media Dome, die Observatory and the Computer Museum.
Other functions are...
- development of activities that help to increase the attractiveness of the campus of the UAS Kiel
- imparting cultural and scientific contents in the regional and national environment
- implementation of research and development projects.
To complete its tasks, the centre works together with regional and national partners from the fields of culture and science.
The activities of the centre of culture and science communication (ZKW) are to be found on the websites of...
- the Mediendom (with around 35,000 guests per year)
- the Computer Museum (with around 5,000 guests per year)
- the Observatory (with around 1,500 guests per year)
and many other projects, e.g.
- "Orchids - A miracle of Evolution", promoted by the funds of the Volkswagen Foundation
- "Touching the Edge of the Universe" on behalf of the European Space Agency ESA
- "Lars the little polar bear" in cooperation with the excellence cluster ‘Ocean of the Future’
The Meda Dome is one of the most modern planetariums in Germany.
Productions of the ZKW are staged worldwide and have won internationally renowned awards.