Journalism and Media ManagementMaster’s
Degree: Master of Arts (M.A.)
Length of Study: 6 semesters
Enrolment: each winter term (no admission restrictions)
Application deadlines for first semester of study: May until 07.09. of each year (winter term)
Application deadlines for higher semesters of study: December until 06.03. of each year (summer term), May until tba of each year (winter term)
Form of study: part-time study (on-the-job/sandwich course) with online and physical attendance classes
- evidence of a first professional degree
- an employment relationship as a volunteer or trainee in a media company that has concluded a contract with the Kiel University of Applied Sciences for participation in the part-time master’s degree in “Journalism and Media Management”
- evidence of qualified professional experience of usually not less than one year
Here you can find a list of our cooperation partners for this course.
If you have any questions, please contact JMW(at)fh-kiel.de.
Please apply in good time so that you can start your studies smoothly!
Information about the date of the first term student welcome event, and thus the start of your studies, can be found here.
The processing time for your application can take up to 2 weeks and the last possible date for enrolment is 31st March for the summer semester 2022.
Applications for the first semester of study:
- May until 08.09. (winter term)
Applications for higher semester of study:
- December until 02.03. (summer term)
- May until 08.09. (winter term)
Information on application deadlines and procedures for applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification can be found at https://www.fh-kiel.de/en/degree-courses/information-for-prospective-students/international-applications
Documents to be submitted (as upload):
- evidence of the above-mentioned university degree (bachelor’s certificate, performance overview with grades, etc.) or if the first university degree was not completed: proof that a maximum of 15 of the credit points required for the bachelor’s degree are still outstanding with a provisional average grade
- evidence of above-mentioned professional experience
- evidence of above-mentioned employment relationship
- first university entrance qualification (Abitur, technical college leaving certificate, etc)
- certificate in the event of a name change (e.g. marriage certificate)
- if applicable, proof of sufficient German language skills for applicants without a German university entrance qualification and without a German university degree (enrolment requirement in the case of admission!!!)
Once your application documents are received by the Kiel University of Applied Sciences, they are checked for form and content by the Student Secretariat and the Examinations Office or the Examination Board of the degree program.
When your documents have been checked positively, you receive an invitation to enrol.
You are informed of the enrolment deadline with the notification of admission. If enrolment is not made on time, the right to the study place expires irrevocably. You can find more information on enrolment here.
If the examination of your documents reveals that the admission requirements have not been met, you receive a rejection notice with a corresponding justification.
There is a compulsory fee charged each semester for the Student Services Authority, the student body and the semester travel ticket.
Also, there is an administration charge for enrolment. This charge is non-refundable.
You can find our current Opening Hours here.