Orientation Semester Förde-Kompass
Degree: no degree awarded
Length of Study: one semester
Course content: German
Enrolment: summer semester
Available Places: 30
Application Deadline: November until 15.01. of each year (summer semester)
- general higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) or
- subject-specific higher/technical education certificate or
- general or subject-specific advanced technical college entrance qualification (consisting of a school- and a practical-based part) or
- successfully passed master craftsman’s examination or equivalent previous education (e.g. apprenticeship)
- all information about the higher education entrance qualification
Application for the first semester of study:
- November until 15.01. of each year (summer semester)
Information on application deadlines and procedures for applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification can be found at www.fh-kiel.de/en/degree-courses/information-for-prospective-students/international-applications.
This is a statutory deadline. This means that applications for admission and application documents that are submitted after the deadlines mentioned above will no longer be considered. Further, subsequent submissions after this deadlines are not possible. Applications to study received by fax or e-mail are invalid and are not included in the award procedure.
Documents to be submitted (as upload in online application):
- higher education entrance qualification (see above)
- certificate in the event of a name change (e.g. marriage certificate)
- if applicable, evidence of completed professional training (exam certificate)
- if applicable, proof of sufficient German language skills for applicants without a German higher education entrance qualification (enrolment requirement in the case of admission!!!)
There are 30 places available each year in the summer semester for the Förde-Kompass Orientation Semester. If more applications are received, the grades of the higher education entrance qualification (Abitur) are taken into consideration. Equal grades are decided by drawing lots.
The notifications of admission and the rejection notifications of the main procedure are issued approx. 2-3 weeks after the application deadline. With the cancellations it is possible to take part in a lottery. A lottery procedure takes place if there are still individual places left for the semester program after the main procedure, the succession procedure and enrolment.
The deadline for enrolment is sent with the notification of admission. If you do not enrol in time, your entitlement to a place on the course will become irrevocable. More information on enrolment can be found here.
A compulsory fee per semester is charged for the Studentenwerk (Student Services Authority),the student body representation, and the semester travel ticket.
Also, there is an administration charge for enrolment. This charge is non-refundable.