Social Work Online (BASA-online)Bachelor’s
Degree: Bachelor of Arts (B. A.)
Length of Study: 8 semesters as part-time study (180 CP, with optional state recognition 210 CP)
Course content: German
Enrolment: each summer term (admission restrictions)
Application deadlines for all semester of study: November until 15.01. of each year (summer term)
Application deadlines from higher semesters: November until 15.01. of each year (summer term), May until 15.07. of each year (winter term)
Form of study: part-time study (career-integrated) with online and physical attendance classes
Further info on study courses in the Faculty of Social Work and Health
Still undecided? Here you can find study advice
- Higher education entrance qualification
- Evidence of at least 1.5 years of relevant professional activity or activity-based previous experience of at least half of the local weekly working time of a full-time job in the fields of social work
- Evidence of relevant study-related professional activity in fields of social work with at least 15 hours per week. Proof must be provided each semester and submitted to the coordination office of the Department of Social Work and Health by the beginning of the semester (September 1st/March 1st)
You can obtain guidelines for proof of practical work experience and study-related employment directly from the Department of Social Work and Health.
Information and deadlines for foreign higher education entrance qualifications can be found at www.fh-kiel.de/studium/studieninteressierte/internationale-bewerbungen/
Applications for first semester of study:
- November until 15.01. of each year (summer term)
Applications for higher semester of study:
Admission is based on the capacities that become available. More information can be obtained from the Admissions Office.
- November until 15.01. of each year (summer term)
- May until 15.07. of each year (winter term)
Information on application deadlines and procedures for applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification can be found at https://www.fh-kiel.de/en/degree-courses/information-for-prospective-students/international-applications
This is a statutory deadline. This means that applications for admission and application documents that are submitted to the Kiel University of Applied Sciences -Admissions Office (via Uni-Assist for applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification) after the above-mentioned deadlines will no longer be considered. If the end of an exclusion period falls on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, the period nevertheless ends at the end of the corresponding day and is not extended to the end of the next working day. (Article 23, Section 7 of the University Admission Ordinance –(HZVO). The date of receipt at the Kiel University of Applied Sciences is valid! Subsequent submissions beyond this deadline are also not possible. Incomplete documents or documents received late are excluded from the selection process. Applications received by fax or e-mail are invalid and also do not take part in the award procedure.
Documents to be submitted (as upload):
- certificate of university entrance qualification
- Proof of the above professional experience
- Proof of the above employment relationship
- certificate in the event of a name change (e.g. marriage certificate)
- certificate of exmatriculation (de-registration) if you are studying/have studied the same course of study for which you are requesting admission to a first semester of study
- if applicable, certification of civic/social service (armed forces, year of social and ecological work, EU voluntary work, charity work, development agencies, etc)
- evidence of completed professional training (exam certificate)
- evidence of previously study periods by means of study certificates
- evidence of previously completed courses (when applying for a higher semester)
- if applicable, proof of sufficient German language skills for applicants without a German university entrance qualification and without a German university degree (enrolment requirement in the case of admission!!!)
- additional degree: certificate of the first professional degree, study certificates, certificate of exmatriculation (de-registration) and a detailed written reasoning for application. Applicants are only allowed to name one degree programme. You can find more information here.
After deducting the so-called advance quotas (foreigner quota, hardship quota), 20% of the study places are allocated after a waiting period. The other 80% are distributed according to a university selection quota. This provides for an allocation based on the average grade of the university entrance qualification, which is an admission requirement in accordance with the examination regulations.
The waiting period counts from the time the university entrance qualification is attained.
Notification of admission for the main procedure is sent approx. 2-3 weeks after the application deadline. Then, rejections are handled. After a rejection you have the opportunity to participate in a possible lottery procedure. A lottery procedure takes place if there are still some remaining places for the course after the main selection procedure, the replacement procedure and enrolment.
You are informed of the enrolment deadline with the notification of admission. If enrolment is not made on time, the right to the study place expires irrevocably. You can find more information on enrolment here.
There is a compulsory fee charged each semester for the Student Services Authority, the student body and the semester travel ticket.
Also, there is an administration charge for enrolment. This charge is non-refundable.
Furthermore, a media usage fee is charged for online study courses.
You can find our current Opening Hours here.