Degree: Master of Science (M. Sc.)
Length of Study: 3 semesters
Course content: English
Enrolment: each summer and winter term (no admission restrictions)
Application deadlines for all semesters of study: November until 15.03. of each year (summer term), May until 15.09. of each year (winter term)
- 3D Data Processing
- Advanced C++
- Advanced IT Security
- Advanced Java
- Modern Web Development
- Pose Estimation
- Master Research Project – AI
- Master Research Project – Media
- Master Research Seminar
- Master Teaching Assistantship
- Interdisciplinary module
Current elective modules will be announced in the module database.
- a bachelor’s degree of the UAS Kiel with a grade of at least 2.5 in the following subjects: “Information Technology” or "Media Engineering" in the Faculty of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering or “Business IT” in the Faculty of Economics
- a closely related professional degree from a different institute of higher education with a grade of at least 2.5, for which 180 credit points were attained. Closely related courses are the following for which at least 120 credit points for basic technical and economic skills were attained: Mathematics, IT, Algorithms and Data Structures, Programming and Databases, Software Engineering, Network and Project Management
- evidence of English language skills that correspond to at least level B 2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Example of accepted evidence can be found in Section 7 of the Examination Regulations for the master’s degree in Applied Communication Studies.
Applicants with a bachelor's degree obtained outside the Bologna area (members of the European Higher Education Area) also need the following proof of qualification:
- GRE with a minimum percentage of 55% in the quantitative reasoning part of the test
Please apply in good time so that you can start your studies smoothly!
Information about the date of the first term student welcome event, and thus the start of your studies, can be found here.
The processing time for your application can take up to 2 weeks and the last possible date for enrolment is 31.03. for the summer semester and 30.09. for the winter semester.
Applications for all semesters of study:
- November until 15.03. of each year (summer term)
- May until 15.09. of each year (winter term)
Information on application deadlines and procedures for applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification can be found at https://www.fh-kiel.de/en/degree-courses/information-for-prospective-students/international-applications/.
Documents to be submitted (as upload):
- proof of the above-mentioned university degree (bachelor’s certificate, performance overview with grades, etc.) or if the first university degree was not completed: proof that a maximum of 15 of the credit points required for the bachelor’s degree are still outstanding with a provisional average grade
- evidence of English language skills
- first university entrance qualification (Abitur, technical college leaving certificate, etc)
- certificate in the event of a name change (e.g. marriage certificate)
- for university degrees obtained outside the Bologna area: GRE (minimum percentile of 55% in the Quantitative Reasoning section).
Once your application documents are received by the Kiel University of Applied Sciences, they are checked for form and content by the Student Secretariat and the Examinations Office or the Examination Board of the degree program.
When your documents have been checked positively, you receive an invitation to enrol.
You are informed of the enrolment deadline with the notification of admission. If enrolment is not made on time, the right to the study place expires irrevocably. You can find more information on enrolment here.
If the examination of your documents reveals that the admission requirements have not been met, you receive a rejection notice with a corresponding justification.
There is a compulsory fee charged each semester for the Student Services Authority, the student body and the semester travel ticket.
Also, there is an administration charge for enrolment. This charge is non-refundable.
You can find our current Opening Hours here.