Degree: Master of Science (M. Sc.)
Length of Study: 3 semesters
Course content: English
Enrolment: each summer and winter term (no admission restrictions)
Application deadlines for all semesters of study: November until 15.03. of each year (summer term), May until 15.09. of each year (winter term)
- access to the “Data Science” master’s program is granted to those who have completed a bachelor’s program with a grade of at least 2.5 and can also prove 30 cumulative credit points (ECTS) in the subject “Mathematics / Statistics” and “Computer Science” At least 10 credit points (according to ECTS) in the subject area "Mathematics/Statistics" and at least 10 credit points (according to ECTS) in the subject area "Computer Science" must be proven.
- if the previous course comprised less than 210 credit points, but at least 180 credit points, the missing skills must be made up. As a rule, a total of 300 credit points should be achieved. Applicants will be informed of the skills to be made up and the latest possible time for their proof of achievement at the beginning of the course by the examination board.
- evidence of English language skills that correspond to at least level B 2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages. Example of accepted evidence can be found in Section 7 of the Examination Regulations for the master’s degree in Data Science.
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree from outside the Bologna Area (member of the European higher Education Area) also require proof of the following qualification:
- a GRE with a minimum score of 55% in the Quantitative Reasoning part of the test.
Please apply in good time so that you can start your studies smoothly!
Information about the date of the first term student welcome event, and thus the start of your studies, can be found here.
The processing time for your application can take up to 2 weeks and the last possible date for enrolment is 31.03 for the summer semester and 30.09. for the winter semester.
Applications for all semesters of study:
- November until 15.03. of each year (summer term)
- May until 15.09. of each year (winter term)
Information on application deadlines and procedures for applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification can be found at https://www.fh-kiel.de/en/degree-courses/information-for-prospective-students/international-applications
Documents to be submitted (as upload):
- evidence of the above-mentioned university degree (bachelor’s certificate, performance overview with grades, etc.) or if the first university degree was not completed: proof that a maximum of 15 of the credit points required for the bachelor’s degree are still outstanding with a provisional average grade
- evidence of above-mentioned English language skills
- first university entrance qualification (Abitur, technical college leaving certificate)
- certificate in the event of a name change (e.g. marriage certificate)
- for university degrees obtained outside the Bologna area: GRE (minimum percentile of 55% in the Quantitative Reasoning section).
For semesters with no admission restriction
Once your application documents are received by the Kiel University of Applied Sciences, they are checked for form and content by the Student Secretariat and the Examinations Office or the Examination Board of the degree program.
When your documents have been positively checked, you receive an invitation to enrol.
You are informed of the enrolment deadline with the notification of admission. If enrolment is not made on time, the right to the study place expires irrevocably. You can find more information on enrolment here.
If the examination of your documents reveals that the admission requirements have not been met, you receive a rejection notice with a corresponding justification.
There is a compulsory fee charged each semester for the Student Services Authority, the student body and the semester travel ticket.
Also, there is an administration charge for enrolment. This charge is non-refundable.
You can find our current Opening Hours here.